WASHBURN RANGER DISTRICT TRAIL REPORT for Friday, May 25, 2012
Areas of the Washburn Ranger District received anywhere from one to two inches of rain on Thursday and more rain is forecasted for the weekend. With this amount of rain, riders should be alert for washouts on steep trail sections, puddling in low areas, and blow down trees and debris. Please keep your speed down and ride with caution, especially if you are not familiar with the trails.
The following are reports on the current trail conditions throughout the Washburn Ranger District:
Bayfield County: All Bayfield County trails in the Port Wing, Iron River, Barnes and Cable areas are in good to very good condition. With the heavy rains that are occurring, be aware of potential washouts when cresting hills. Also with the wet soil conditions and winds, there is a possibly of downed trees across the trails. There is active logging at the junction of trail 24 and Ruth Lake Road south of Iron River and also north of Iron River at the junction of McLean Road & FR 241 on trail #3 between Iron River and Port Wing. New this year is a privy and parking area on Battle Axe Trail #3 at the Flag Road junction.
The extended weather Forecast for Washburn, beginning Friday, May 25, 2012
- Today: Mostly Sunny. High 67F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
- Saturday: Cloudy with a few showers. High 56F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
- Sunday night: Showers and thundershowers in the evening, then cloudy with rain likely overnight...perhaps a rumble of thunder. Low 48F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall around a half an inch.
- Sunday: Thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the mid 50s.
- Monday: Slight chance of a thunderstorm. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 40s.
- Tuesday: Few showers. Highs in the upper 50s and lows in the low 40s.
Enjoy the natural beauty of the Chequamegon-Nicolet and please be safe.